When Will my Belly Button Look Normal After a Tummy Tuck?

Hi there had TT done, and this picture was taken 6 days Post op... I am scared of my Belly button, didn't know it looked that way until I seen the picture... It seems funny inside...and makes me nervous, Is this just because of swelling and will it go back to normal someday?

Belly button

+1

The "belly button" has a tendency to look "awfull" right after surgery. This lasts up to 3 weeks with swelling, bluish color, drainage and crusting. The umbilicus (belly button) almost always heals in quite well without extra care. Give it time and let your surgeon take care of you. He  did a great job on your belly!

Evansville Plastic Surgeon