Belly Button Necrosis? (photo)

Hello, I am concerned about the appearance of my belly button. There are some sections around the incision that are dark and scabby looking, and another that is red and blister like in appearance. Could this be necrosis? I am 13 days post op, 29 yr old female, i have another appt in a few days but I am freaking out meanwhile.

Belly button problems after a tummy tuck

+2

It's very early after your tummy tuck and I would recommend waiting several months before declaring your belly button totally healed from your surgery.

Belly Button Necrosis

+2

Your belly button looks fairly normal after surgery. There does not seem to be any necrosis, only some bruising.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Belly button necrosis?

+2

No It does not look like you have belly button necrosis. The edges of the skin are just a bit bruised and irritated. Take a deep breath and keep your next appointment with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

The navel can suffer and look worrisome after an abdominoplasty but almost always recovers

+1

From the photograph I do not think you will have any long-term problems with the navel. Good hygiene and follow up with your surgeon are important.

Belly button problems (necrosis) after tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

Your belly button looks fine.  The incision line crusts are normal and will settle over time.  Use moisturizers and gentle massage to help things settle more quickly.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Questions about healing problems of the umbilicus

+1

It is possible that you have some marginal necrosis but in general your umbilicus looks good and it is unlikely that you will have any substantial healing problems.  

Belly Button Necrosis after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. I think that your belly button is healing nicely (no  necrosis).