I Have No Belly Button. What Are my Options? (photo)

I was born with a birth defect called, Gastroschisis.(Born with Intestine on the outside of abdomen.) Because of this I have no belly button, accompanied with scars. I also cant gain weight. I'm 95lbs with zero abdominal fat. I have never been to a doctor for a consultation. So before I do that; I would like a professional opinion on here. I'd like to know what you think my options can be to creating a normal looking belly button. Any advise will greatly be appreciated. Thank You.

Umbilical reconstruction

+2

An umbilical reconstruction can be done with the tissues of the abdomen, even in presence of the olds scar.  Good luck.

Creating a belly button after gastroschisis repair (umbilicoplasty)

+2

It looks like you have a great figure.  Your scar is good after gastroschisis repair but could be improved with revision. During revision of the linear scar a reasonable belly button could be contoured.  This is a pretty straightforward procedure, but find a surgeon who has done this a few times to maximize your chance for a good result.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Neo-umbilicoplasty

+2

Your belly button anatomy has been obliterated by your gastroschisis surgery. The belly button is simply the remnant scar of the umbilical stalk connection the fetus to the placenta. A facsimile of the belly button can be potentially created by producing a attachment between the skin and the underlying abdominal fascia at a level that produces a hooding effect simulating a belly button.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Reconstruction of the navel

+2

The Reconstruction of the navel is a surgical plastic procedure. I suggest to look for a plastic surgeon who will evaluate the problem and will select the best  technique for your clinical case. 

greethings

Claudio  Bernardi, MD

Claudio Bernardi, MD
Italy Plastic Surgeon

Belly button reconstruction and repair

+1
It is not uncommon for a patient to request reconstruction of the belly button. Our office specializes in belly button surgery and we can provide you with some surgical options for restoration of the belly button. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

I Have No Belly Button. What Are my Options?

+1
There are options for umbilical reconstruction and these can even be done around scars like yours.  There is some risk due to your gastroschisis repair so I recommend a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be best for you.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS