Belly button loss after tummy tuck

I am 2 weeks post tummy tuck surgery and was told by my Dr that I may lose my belly button due to suture ruptures. I was told that my bbutton retracted halfway down. My Dr then told me he will try to retrieve bbutton and re-do bbutton, but was hesitant as the skin was still very raw. He then decided that the best thing to do was try to keep the bbutton hole open by placing xeroform in it and then perform a re-do if needed.

What should be done now?

Abdominoplasty tummy tuck healing and belly button problems

+1

it looks from your photo that the belly button stalk is still there.  xeroform or other 'local ' care is a good idea fro several weeks until the redness and irritation simmer down.  the re-do can be done at a later time  3-6 mos   if needed