Will My Belly Button Infection Heal Properly 2 Weeks Post Op?

I had a tummy tuck two weeks ago. A few days ago I notice a opening in my belly button and its started to smell and leak brown fluid. I went back to my Ps today but he was out of town so I saw is partner. When the nurse remove the tape off my incision a small part of it was leaking but the rest is close. He clean out my belly button with a q-tip and drain my belly. Nothing came of belly. He said its and infection and prescribe me stronger antibiotic. Is my belly button going to heal properly?

Umbilical wound healing problems after an abdominoplasty

+1

You may  have some degree of vascular compromise to the umbilical stalk.  This can happen for a variety of reasons.  With proper wound care it will eventually heal and should look okay.  You should be seen by your plastic surgeon who can direct your wound care.

YES, you will heal

+1

Two weeks after a tummy tuck is the early post op period.  You may have some fluid collection which will determine itself within days.  An infection can occur and removing the fluid and antibiotic will heal this.  You must follow up with your plastic surgeon and make sure you continue to heal.  If you get a fever call your plastic surgeon immediately.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Opening in incision after tummy tuck

+1

It is most likely that this will heal uneventfully. I would expect that in 3 months he would not be able to tell which part of the incision had been opened. Should the scar in that area turn out to be unfavorable it would not be difficult for your surgeon to fix this with a minor procedure under local anesthesia. Patience!

Best wishes