Old Belly Button Incision Opened After Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck

I am 6 weeks post op the incision from my old belly button opened, and is still healing - the skin around it is very dark redish/purple.

My Dr. said that was due to the poor blood supply. I am not a smoker, very physically fit/yoga teacher, but am concerned about whether this is normal, or a tt gone bad.

Will this lighten up and simply look like another stretch mark?

Belly button incision opening

+1

Incision may open up after surgery.  It may be due to 1) poor blood supply, 2) tension around the closure, or 3)too much movement after surgery.  Regardless of eitology for the wound dehiscence, the good news is that it will heal.  It will take some time for it to close with local wound care.  Good luck to you.