Belly Button is Too High After TT Surgery?

Hello, I am a 23 years old male. I had a TT 2 months ago and I'm pretty satisfied with my belly, however, my belly button is about 2 inches higher than it was before and everyone to who I show my belly imediatly says "Your belly button is too high". My doctor doesn't answer my emails and phone calls. I only will see him again in october for my follow-up visit and I'm so nervous that I think I cantwait until then to get to know what are my hypotesis to correct this problem. Thank you very much.

Belly Button is Too High After Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question. The options are not what you want to hear. To lower it, you would have to have another Tummy Tuck, if appropriate, and pull down the skin to drop the Belly Button lower, if appropriate. You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and be evaluated to see if this is even possible. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Belly button too high following surgery

+1

You did not include a photo so it is difficult to evaluate your situation.  The belly button is attached to the abdominal wall by a very short stalk.  Usually, this stalk is left intact and the skin around the belly button is elevated and brought down so that the excess skin can be removed.  Once the skin has been tightened back down, the belly button is usually brought out in the same position it was in before the surgery.  It would be difficult to move the belly button too far from its original position due to the short stalk by which it is attached.  If you are not getting a satisfactory answer from your current plastic surgeon then I would suggest getting a second opinion elsewhere by a plastic surgeon who can examine you in person.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Belly button too high following tummy tuck.

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  You can adjust the position of the belly button but it likely will require some type of further surgery.  I would have to see a photo of your current belly button position and your scar location.  It might involve bringing your scar down which would in tern lower the belly button.  Hope this helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon