Will This Belly Button Heal Correctly? (photo)

I had a full TT with MR almost 6 weeks ago. From the beginning my PS said that my belly button will be slow healing. At 3 weeks it was still fully scabbed over so he cut all of it away. By that night it was irregular shaped and the skin was white it was so raw. After using neosporin for over a week its not any better and I developed a reacton to it. My PS said this can be fixed. Will my belly button ever look good?

Belly button issues after a tummy tuck.

+2

Wound healing issues with the belly button after a tummy tuck are not uncommon. Standard wound care includes removing any non-viable tissue and keeping the wound moist to hasten the healing. Many ointments such as Neosporin or Bacitracin can lead to superifical fungal infections or skin irritation. Close follow up and compliance with your plastic surgeon's instructions will get you through this rough patch. As the area heals, you will likely note that it begins to look much more "normal."

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Will My Belly Button Heal?

+2

It is likely that your belly button will heal with a slight deformity in the upper part which can be corrected as your plastic surgeon has suggested.  The reaction to the Neosporin is not uncommon and the red, irritated appearance usually subsides quickly after you stop using it.  Trust your plastic surgeon to guide you through the complete healing process.  I'm certain, based on the picture only, that your belly button will appear much more 'normal' as the healing progresses.  Best Wishes for a rapid recovery!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will my belly Button Heal?

+2

I would allow your PS to instruct you on post-op care and how this can be healed. Yes, there are various procedures your surgeon can do to improve the appearance, but you must be patient and allow it to heal first. Be patient and good luck.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon