Belly Button Look Like a Cross Between an Innie and an Outie After TT?

I am 19 days post op from a tummy tuck. I am very satisfied with my results with the exception of my belly button. It looks like a cross between an innie and an outie. I was informed that this was due to swelling. However, my stomach is not swollen at all. Is this normal? If not will it require a revision? I've heard of the marble trick, but am afraid of the risk for infection.

To marble or not?

+2
You are well on your way to a great result. Seems like you are getting pre-occupied with e details. Placing gentle pressure on the umbilicus for several hours a day to diminish swelling or help to modify the umbilical scar is a common strategy and most Plastic Surgeons will have their own recommendation. This is where you should get your direction and not from friends or the Internet . At just 19 days post surgery you do have some swelling whether you appreciate it or not. Follow the advice of the surgeon who you trusted to do your surgery. The final appearance of your umbilicus will look just fine even if it is unique. Enjoy the final evolution of your results. Dr. Mosher
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results And Belly Button Look Good

+1

Thank you for your question. From your photographs your tummy tuck result looks excellent.

At19 days you are very early in the postoperative period and from your photographs I would say you are recovering more quickly than many patients.

The belly button can take several weeks up to 6-8 weeks to achieve its final appearance and at 19 days it is likely very swollen. I see an excellent depression along the midline of your abdomen and suspect that you will have a nice in the belly button once you recover.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Tummy tuck

+1

You have a great result! Congratulations!

Follow the progress with your Surgeon. Bely buttons look "ugly" for several weeks but "Nature is good" and they heal in just fine.

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

+1

you need to relax. it looks like you have a nice result. give it time.  swelling takes up to 6 months to go away

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button and Tummy Tuck

+1

19 days after tummy tuck you most certainly still have swelling.  It may be less than you had right after surgery, but you will continue to see changes over the next few months at the swelling resolves and the tissues settle.  At this point, it looks like you are healing appropriately.  My suggestion would be to try and focus on other things for now and readdress the issues in six months.  If you are still unhappy with your results, then talk to your surgeon at that time about possible revisions.  At this point, it is way to soon to be worried.  Also, it is best to also post a pre-op picture as well when asking people to comment on results.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com