Should I Cover my Belly Button While Wearing my Girdle - (Zips in the Front)?

i got a tummy tuck 12 days ago. Been applying ointment that was giving to me by my Doctor and covering it. I'm afraid if I don't cover it I.may hurt it with my girdle bc it has the zipper in the front. What should I do?

Protect the Belly Button from Irritation

I think covering the belly button with gauze or an ABD pad is smart if the girdle is irritating it---especially during the initial healing the first 3 weeks.  I would avoid applying ointment to the belly button for longer than a few days after surgery (unless advised differently by your plastic surgeon).  I have found that prolonged use of ointment on the belly button irritates and reddens the skin and can cause more problems.