Belly Button and Marble Trick?

How long after a TT can the marble be placed in bellyB? I am 4 weeks after TT. Is this trick safe? When will I see real results on how my BB is going to look, and before I put any marblein there? Because I know that my BB is swollen now. In other words, when would I be able to see how my permanent BB is going to look like?

Belly buttons and tummy tucks

+2

Belly buttons can look funky for a while but your surgeon has a good idea of how its going to turn you.  If you're thinking you need a marble to hold your belly button open, you're worried about stenosis.  Simple revisions can remedy that.  Still, talk to your surgeon about your concerns and how best to manage.  I can't imagine that having to surgically remove a belly button improves any scarring.

Belly Button and Marble Trick?

+1

Dear Tania,

A well designed belly button does not need a marble.  In fact, I question whether or not you really want a round belly button.  Think of the clothes you wear.  Whenever you wear vertical stripes, your body looks thinner, and longer.  Whenevery you wear horizontal stripes, your body looks wider and shorter.  Most women want the former.  The lines on our bodies work the same way.  I designe my belly buttons to have a more vertical sexier appearance which changes the look of the belly nicely.  The below link is an example of this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Recover time for a tummy tuck.

+1

I have to say, I've never heard of the "marble in the belly button" trick. Swelling after a tummy tuck is influenced by multiple factors including whether liposuction was used, whether the deep fascia is preserved, the degree of undermining, etc. It is not unusual for swelling to last 3 months. However, like most issues with recovery, every patient is a bit different. Compliance with postoperative compression garments, activity restrictions, and maintaining a healthy, low-salt diet all hasten the recovery from swelling. Follow up with your plastic surgeon as advised and be patient.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button and Marble Trick?

+1

Before thinking about this, discuss with your surgeon. Expect about 3 months to see the general shape of the navel, and 6 months or more to see the mature scar. 

The last marble I saw was one that required an incision to remove, so this is not a risk-free maneuver.  All the best. 

Belly button shape after tummy tuck

+1

The best way to make a beautiful belly button during a tummy tuck surgery is at the time of surgery.  At that point, the die is cast at how the belly button will look.

It is actually quite tricky to reproduce the aspects of a real, attractive belly button.  It will not occur by accident.

That being said, there is swelling in the immediate postoperative period that lasts for a period of time, and visible incisions must fade before the final appearance is known, usually at 6 months.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Belly Button and Marble Trick?

+1

The belly button created should be done precisely.  Placing a marble is only necessary in patients who are poor scar formers and constrict the anatomy created.  Ask your plastic surgeon if this is even necessary.  

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Belly Button and Marble Trick after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Best to run this question by your plastic surgeon who has the benefit of in person examination and is responsible for your care. The “marble trick” may help “dilate” the umbilicus.  In my practice, I will occasionally recommend this maneuver to my patients starting about 1 month postoperatively, assuming normal healing is occurring.

Again, best to check with your own plastic surgeon.