6 days post op, Belly Button After Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck and three hernias repaired. I am six days post op. my belly button is huge. Is this normal? Will it go down? Also under it looks like my old belly button? Then, by my drain have a bunch of skin.

Too early to make a pronouncement about umbilicus.

+1

The picture demonstrates wound healing in its earliest stages. There's no way to make a pronouncement about the ultimate aesthetic outcome at this time.

Concerns after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. It is unlikely that the size of the umbilicus will change over time, but the appearance will improve as the scar matures. The “belly button” that you are seeing lower down on the abdominal wall may be a previous piercing?

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to precise answers.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery;  hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Post op changes involving the umbilicus and drain site

+1

Frequently you can get a lot of swelling on the umbilicus itself, especially if you had an umbilical hernia repair at the same time.  I would imagine that it will change and settle down with time.  The bunched up skin by the drain will also improve.  These are all good questions and best answered by your plastic surgeon.

Too early post surgery

+1

You will be fine. You just had surgery and there is a lot of swelling. Please see your surgeon for follow up and he/she can answer your questions. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button After Tummy Tuck?

+1

Your navel is very swollen, and that will decrease. The photos are not really adequate to give any useful comment to the other questions. If you look to the right there are likely a series of before and after photos with the standard poses. 

At any rate, all is better answered based on an in person exam, so asking all your questions to your surgeon is most appropriate. All the best. 

Tummy Tuck Post Op

+1

The best person to answer your question is your surgeon. It takes several weeks to recovery from a tummy tuck.   Schedule your follow up visits so that he can monitor your healing for the best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD