Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck with muscle tightening 17 days ago. I am very disappointed and depressed at how my belly button looks. My PS did a T incision because she thought she could get rid of the stretch marks above my belly button. She wants to wait and see how it heals and thinks the puckered skin will go away but it seems like it looks worse all the time. Does it seem to be healing ok? Can my belly button be fixed? Is there hope? I go back for another follow up in 3 weeks.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Wait until the healing has finished and then assess your options.  The healing phase is the wrong time to be doing assessments of how things will be in the future.  Give yourself 4-6 months, then do an evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to tell.

+1

It is way too soon to tell what your belly button will look like.  So far it looks like I would expect it to.  Often they look terrible at first and end up fine in a few months time.  The puckers you mention look like stretch marks that are swollen right now.  Stretch marks are thin scars that swell more than normal skin making them look puckered but once the swelling is gone they are much flatter.  Don't despair.  It takes 6 months or more for all the swelling to go down after a TT and more than a year for the scars to mature.  I have been through this process three times (2 sections and a TT).  The body is amazing in its ability to heal, but you have to give it plenty of time.  Be patient and share your concerns with your surgeon.  I think you will be just fine. 

Belly Button Healing

+1

Without a before picture and a full view after picture, it is hard to commend on your results.  In any case, it is too early to get worried and you will likely be very surprised how nicely the body heals.  It just takes some time.

If you repost your question with pre-op photos and a full post op photo we may be able to give you more advice on your results and your recovery.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Belly Button After Tummy Tuck

+1

To early to comment on final result but it appears acceptable at this early stage of healing. Discuss with your chosen PS. 

Belly button after a tummy tuck

+1

There is some excess of skin around the belly button giving the puckered look. This may or may not become smooth with time. However, you need to give more time for the tummy to settle time before getting the final result.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Belly Button Healing After Tummy Tuck Takes Time

+1

Based on your description of your belly button incision, the closure, and your photo, it appears as if your belly button is healing on schedule.  Skin folds take time to heal, and your belly button is circular in nature, adding even more time for the skin folds to setlle down and heal. 

The best person to tell you about healing, and how it's progressing, is your plastic surgeon.  You can always get a 2nd or even 3rd opinion as well.  However, you've only had 17 days of healing, and I would expect that it will take longer than that to have all healing and scar maturation to occur. 

I would encourage you to talk to your plastic surgeon about your surgery. I wish you the best of luck!