Lower Belly Bulges a Lot After Eating and Drinking, Will a Tummy Tuck Fix This?

I recently lost a lot of weight but i never got a flat stomach, im only 20 years old (male). i went to a physio to do core exercises but nothing helped and another physio told me that i might have stretched fascia.

I dont have a lot of loose skin or diastasis recti but my lower belly just bulges out a lot, especially after eating and drinking, theres no intra-abdominal pressure and it just feels like a balloon, i always look 6 months pregnant. Would a tummy tuck fix this at all?

Lower belly excess.

+1

Consider removal of skin to tighten area. If you have lower belly looseness then you could get a mini-tummy tuck where just the lower section fascia is tightened. If fascia is not loose then lipo. good luck!

Hello

+1
Congratulations on losing the weight. The only way to get rid of excess skin is to do a dermalipectomy removal of abdomen skin. A man tummy tuck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck for lower belly bulge...

+1

Losing weight is a great accomplishment for your health.  However, this can often result in excess skin (not necessarily loose skin) which can be nicely treated with a tummy tuck.  Liposuction of the waist and abdomen can also be performed to achieve the desired look.   Sometimes the belly that looks like a balloon can be due to intraabdominal fat which is harder to treat.  It's hard to determine what is exactly needed without having an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Make an appointment to see which surgery is best and whether or not you are a candidate.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Candidates for tummy tuck

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! It is difficult to determine whether you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure without a current photo. A tummy tuck involves rectus muscle repair and removal of loose, excess skin. Based on the information you provided, I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest possible option for you. A tummy tuck will provide an improved body contour and a tightened abdominal area if there is abdominal wall laxity or diastasis after the weight loss.

Lower belly bulge

+1

It is hard to give you recommendation without photos or examining you.  You can certainly have lax muscle (stretched out muscle) after weight loss.  In this case, tightening (plicating) your muscle during tummy tuck will flatten your belly.  Please visit a board-certified plastic surgeon to see whether she/he deems you to be a good candidate for tummy tuck.  After examining you, she/he may be able to tell you whether you can obtain the abdominal contour that you desire from tummy tuck.

Sugene Kim, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
I sounds as if you have some lower abdominal wall laxity. If Thad is the case a tummy tuck may possibly help improve the appearance

David L. Abramson, MD

Bulge in lower abdomen after eating

+1

Everybody gets a little bulge in their abdomen after eating a large meal, the question is how large is the bulge.

For patients who have lost a great deal of weight, the fascia can indeed be too loose (as can the skin) and might benefit from tightening.

An experienced ethical board certified plastic surgeon can guide you through what is reasonable in this respect.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Belly bulge / tummy tuck

+1

While a "bulging" belly may be caused solely by loose skin and a weak muscle/fascia layer, in some people it occurs because of what is present inside the abdomen.  If you have excess intra-abdominal fat or have an intestinal process that causes bloating, those problems cannot be addressed by tummy tuck.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Lower belly bulge.

+1

i would like to see pictures. hard to recommend any type of intervention for a twenty year old male.  am curious about your definition of "a lot of weight". you could have stretched out your abdominal musculature when you were heavier. perhaps a mini tummy tuck would be appropriate for you.in the meantime continue working on your core strength. congrats on your weight loss.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Belly bulge

+1
A belly bulge you're describing could be due to loose muscles or due to a hernia.  You should seek an opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon so that he/she can examine you properly and determine what is going on.  Muscle tightening as a part of a tummy tuck/mini tummy tuck can potentially be an answer for you.
Physical exercise focusing on lower abdominals can be helpful to lower abdomen laxity.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD