Can I Get a Belly Button Piercing After TT ? If Yes How Long After?

I had a standard TT with muscle repair about 6 months ago. Now I like to get my belly button pierced. Is it a good idea? Is it too early? I still hurt a little around my belly bottom when I workout.

Belly Button Piercing after Tummy Tuck

+4

Piercing after a tummy tuck should not pose any additionsl risks thann piercing if you did not have a tummy tuck.  Timing of when is up to you but as long as you are well healed, it should not be a problem.  Infections can happen, so make sure it is done professionally.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Belly button piercing after tummy tuck

+1

Yes, you can get belly button pierced after tummy tuck.  As long as your scar has completely healed and there is no infection, you can have it pierced. Usually six months is a plenty time for recovery.  However, if you still have some pain from scar tissue, you may want to wait a little longer.

Sugene Kim, MD

Belly Button Piercing after TT surgery...

+1

As long as your belly button is completely healed which it should be at 6 months, I do not see any reason why you cannot get it pierced.

Robert Heck, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Belly Piercing After Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, I would routinely wait at least six weeks. Be sure you have healed completely prior to having the piercing done.

Donna Rich, MD

Belly button piercing after tummy Tuck

+1

6 months should be enough time to have allowed  the incision around the belly button area to have healed. I don't see any reason why you could not get a belly button piercing at this time. Please consult your surgeon if you have any specific concerns prior to getting the piercing. Best wishes.

Belly button can be pierced at 6 months following a tummy tuck

+1

You should be able to have your belly button pierced without any increased risks directly related to your tummy tuck that was performed 6 months ago. Do have it done professionally (and with sterile technique) of course.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Wait for scarring and swelling to resolve completely before piercing belly button

+1

You should be fine at 6 months to consider the piercing.  However, a thickened scar in the area where you wish to place the piercing or excessive swelling around the belly button may interfere with the straight forward placement of the piercing.  If you have any concerns, have your plastic surgeon examine it before proceeding.

Good Luck!

David N. Hing, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Should be safe to pierce your belly button

+1

You should be fine to pierce your belly button now, assuming you have no open wounds or drainage from the belly button.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

You can pierce your belly button after tummy tuck

+1

There should be no problem with a belly button piercing after your tummy tuck, and six months should be about enough time after for healing. If the scar is still stiff and tender you may wish to wait longer. In our office we like to do the piercing so we can get it in the best spot. Perhaps your surgeon will agree to help you as well.

peterejohnsonmd

Pierce Your Bellly Button

+1

Yes, go ahead and pierce your belly button just as long as the incision around the belly button has completely healed!  I think 6 months is plenty of time for that area to have healed, but always check with your plastic surgeon to be sure prior to having it done. 

Christa Clark, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon