Hematoma After TT; I Think It's Getting Worse. Please Help.should I Continue to Wait It out or Try to Get It Aspirated?

I had a full avelar TT with water lipo of abs, bra area, flanks and hips on 8/14, I had a follow-up with my PS at 1 day post op and 8 day post op. I am now coming on 13 days post op and would like to go back to my PS to understand the issue but would like your expert opinion as to options for this getting better. My PS told me he thinks I have a hematoma and its best to let it resolve on its own. I'm resting, ice and low heat pad, taking pills (vit c, zinc, trameel 3xD, bromalain, turmeric) .

Hematoma?

+1

If your surgeon is on top of this and it isn't expanding (assuming you even have a hematoma), it can be allowed to resorb on its own.  You had a lot of different procedures and swelling to some degree will remain.  Trust your surgeon to do the best thing for you as your surgeon wants you to have the best result possible.

Hematoma after tummy tuck usually needs to be 'washed out'

+1

For expanding hematomas after abdominoplasty procedure, its best to return to the OR, washout out the hematoma and replace the surgical drain(s).

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Hematoma after tummy tuck, what to do?

+1

Without photos it is difficult to give an opinion. Work close with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her advise. If it is a very small "hematoma" and your drains are out, most likely it will get resorbed. A larger hematoma needs to be drained otherwise you could end up with an infection or irregular healing leaving the abdominal wall lumpy and bumpy. That type of scarring is harder to correct later on. If you have concerns, do not feel intimidated and not call your surgeon. I'm sure your surgeon is there for you to help you through this. For me personally, it is more upsetting when the patient doesn't call when he/she should have. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma After Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear AnasScott,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns, but an examination is necessary to give you an opinion.

Please followup closely with your Plastic Surgeon as he or she is in the best position to help you.

If you have questions about your condition, please be sure to ask. If you still have unsettled concerns after talking with you surgeon, consider getting a second opinion from another experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD