Can any doctor explain how the lips heal after Permalip removal?

I had Permalip implants in for 1 month and had them removed last Friday (1 week ago). There doesn't seem to be any information on recovering from implant removal. My smile is extremely restricted - embarrassingly and painfully so. My lips are very tight and I can still feel the tunnel. When does the tunnel heal? Does that mean it closes up and scar tissue is left? Can I stretch my lips back to their original width? They also feel kind of "pins and needley". When will this all go away?

Removal of permalip implants in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in the removal of lip implants and lip injections.  If you are having problems, the implants can be removed. However, in some cases there is retraction of the soft tissue that leads to some excessive scarring. Attempts are made to avoid the problem after surgery.

Dr. Karamanoukian

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Lip Implants

Thank you for your question. Scar tissue forms after implants are placed, and the scar tissue is different from person to person. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and have your lips evaluated, and options explored. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Lip implants

Sorry you didn't like your implants. When implants are removed, whether in your lips, on your chin or your cheeks, it always feels strange for some time. It could be a few days, a few weeks or even longer. But the feeling should go away. And the tunnel that was created will collapse and become filled with scar, but minimally. I would encourage stretching exercises to keep your lips unrestricted. Good luck! 

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Univ. Med Ctr of Princeton at Plainsboro, 5 Plainsboro Road
Plainsboro, NJ 08536