Can any doctor explain how the lips heal after Permalip removal?

I had Permalip implants in for 1 month and had them removed last Friday (1 week ago). There doesn't seem to be any information on recovering from implant removal. My smile is extremely restricted - embarrassingly and painfully so. My lips are very tight and I can still feel the tunnel. When does the tunnel heal? Does that mean it closes up and scar tissue is left? Can I stretch my lips back to their original width? They also feel kind of "pins and needley". When will this all go away?

Lip implants

+1
Sorry you didn't like your implants. When implants are removed, whether in your lips, on your chin or your cheeks, it always feels strange for some time. It could be a few days, a few weeks or even longer. But the feeling should go away. And the tunnel that was created will collapse and become filled with scar, but minimally. I would encourage stretching exercises to keep your lips unrestricted. Good luck! 

Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon