I Have Had Bell Palsy So the Right Side of my Face is a Little Droopy and Under my Right Eye is Always Puffy Would Botox Help?

Botox for facial asymmetry

+2

Botox can help provide symmetry in the face - on the contrfa alateral side of Bell's palsy. The 'puffiness' will not be affected. A picture would help and of course, an examination will help the provider determine what is needed for that - it depends on why you have puffiness there - fat pad, etc.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox and Bell's Palsy

+2

It is very difficult to answer your question without first viewing photo's or assessing you in person. Cosmetic Botox injections will likely be most helpful on the opposing side of the affected. Discuss thoroughly with a well-trained and reputable provider for best options and guidance.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox use in Bell's Palsy

+2

Botox can be used to help people affected with Bell's Palsy.  I do not think it would do anything to help with the puffiness under your affected (right) side though.  Botox can be used on the non-affected side to help make the sides more even.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon