What is the best procedure to have a small mole removed? (photo)

I have ben doing some research. at the moment, I am looking for a good dermatologist in the LA area to remove a small mole I have on the left side of my nose. it's actually smaller than a pencil eraser but I don't want it there. don't care about costs, I just want someone who's going to do a good job. not sure about it leaving a scar but if possible, I would not like to have one. so what's best in my case. it's not a flat mole, it's not big.. dermatend cream? laser? waves surgery? cut it off?

Best procedure for small facial mole removal

+1

Personally, I would suggest you ignore advice such as that below from plastic surgeons suggesting you only see a plastic surgeon. Look for a physician who is very experienced in cosmetic surgery and with whom you are comfortable. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. An office visit would be necessary to decide which would be best for your particular mole. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best procedure to have a small mole removed?

+1

Probably best to have the nevus removed by direct excision. Excision of any lesion, will leave a scar. You will need to make a decision whether the appearance of the nevus is worth the trade-off of the scar.

Personally, I would suggest that you have the lesion removed (after considering the issues discussed above) by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Mole removals are very easy when done by the right doc.

+1

From the photo, it is difficult to assess the mole but whether excision with very fine multilayer closure sutures followed by dermabrasion or shave excision followed by LN2 to the base to remove any remaining color? Once it is seen in person then it can be done right then under local. Cost runs 85 for the visit and 250-350 for the procedure without dermabrasion. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon