Can breast implants produce an odor?

I have over the muscle silicone breast implants. When I exercise and sweat my breast secrete a horrible odor. Is this caused by the implants? I never had this problem before my implants.

Breast secretions after implants

+1
Thank you for your breast implant question.
  • Breast implants themselves do not have an odor.
  • It sounds as though you may have an infection in the breast milk ducts or sweat glands.
  • Or you may be using a new skin product, e.g. deodorant, that is interacting with your skin or your sweat. 
  • See your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.
  • Cultures may need to be done to determine the problem.

Smell

+1
The implants themselves should not cause any odor or change in odor. Do you have any nipple discharge that may be responsible?

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Nipple secretion

+1
Hi. I agree that you could have had blocked ducts that now have secreted fluid, and it could be worse when you sweat. This should clear up. Occasionally medications change then caliber of sweat and create different smells also. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Interesting

+1
I am wondering how long you are from surgery as I have seen some woman who have nipple discharge for a few months after surgery from clogged ducts, this could be what you are experiencing 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC