Can you give me information on healing an umbilical hernia I believe I got after a tummy tuck (7yrs ago)?

Most recently, I had liposuction and noticed that my belly button was protruding more and the other day I had severe abdominal pain. It subsided after I layed down on my back for 1/2 hr. Should I go to plastic or general surgeon? I have heard it is best to repair it and not use mesh. Can someone please give me some information/advice...

Umbilical hernia after a tummy tuck.

+1
The best advice is to seek out a general surgeon for an examination. The type of repair performed depends upon the size of the hernia. It is unlikely that the tummy tuck "caused" the hernia. 

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Can you give me information on healing an umbilical hernia I believe I got after a tummy tuck

+1
Over the internet advise is see a surgeon in person for an examination and options for hernia repair... 

Hernia after TT

+1
Thank you for your question. I do not think your hernia is caused by a TT. It can be repaired very easily without mesh by a general surgeon. The incision is small and around your belly button. I routinely fix hernias if I encounter them during a tummy tuck. However, I don't do them as a primary procedure. Pl visit with a general surgeon. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD