I believe that the restylane given to me 3 weeks ago was injected into my blood vessels? (photo)

immediately after injection my forehead became bruised and spread to my top of forehead where it was not injected. Is there anything I can do at this time?see photo.

Restylane Causing Vascular Compromise

+1

It appears that the vasculature feeding the mid-forhead was compromised, most likely from an injection which impinged on a branch of the supratrochlear artery or the artery itself. This deserves immediate medical attention including hyaluronidase to dissolve the Restylane and hyperbaric oxygen to increase perfusion, in hopes of saving tissue. Otherwise, this will lead to necrosis of of the affected area requiring fairly extensive surgery.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Restylane complication

+1

I have been a plastic surgeon for over 30 years and have employed fillers for a long time and have never seen anything like this. My first question is whether you were injected by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. My second one is why you have posted this on Real Self rather than seeking treatment immediately as you indicate that this problem is three weeks old. I recommend that you see a board certified specialist for evaluation at the earliest opportunity.

Restylane injections

+1

You should call your doctor right away and have the filler dissolved. If you are unable to reach your provider, you should go to the emergency room, preferably at a teaching hospital which will have access to specialists.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

I believe that the restylane given to me 3 weeks ago was injected into my blood vessels?

+1

Please seek your provider immediately, this could be very dangerous and will require hyaluronidase to dissolve the product.