I believe overall my nose is too large for my face and it begins with the radix. Can I achieve a small ski slope nose? (photos)

My nose is long, overly projected from the face and my nostrils are larger than I would like. Is it possible to achieve a much shorter smaller nose with a ski slope shape and how?

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal

+1
 The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are then required to narrow the bridge line and close the open roof deformity created from the hump removal. 2 narrow wide nostrils, and alar platy is performed whereby a small wedge of skin was removed at the base of the nostrils. 

Reducing Nasal Size

+1
I may change my recommendations after seeing a full set of nasal pictures as described on my website; however with these two limited views that you submitted I'm suggesting that   removal of your small hump will provide a better result. 

Is smaller nose better?

+1
The pictures you submitted show your nose to be proportionate and does not require any surgery other than filing a very slight bump on your nose. I need to see the other views to see if others things are indicated.

I believe overall my nose is too large for my face and it begins with the radix. Can I achieve a small ski slope nose?

+1
You can achieve a shorter, smaller nose by removing some of the caudal septum and/or elevating the tip and and deprojecting the tip.  It is a bit difficult to determine from the photos what I would recommend to improve overall balance.

Nasal reduction.

+1
Your photo does not show your entire face so it is difficult to make conclusive comments about the size of your nose relative to your face.  With that said I will give it a try.  Some rhinoplasties aim to decrease the size of a nose.  So with that in mind your nose can be made to look smaller.  Keep in mind that just "smaller" is not the goal, but balanced with your face - that is what is really important.  You have small hump and the take off of your nose is a little low (ie towards your feet).  There are other things that can be addressed, but as this is  complex process, it is best to see someone in person.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Hi, yes I believe your goals are realistic.  I would need to see more photos, but your appear to actually have a near normal "take-off" at the radix (or even a little low, I can't see your eyelashes, so I can't say), a small bump which you can fix, and your tip needs to be set back or refined ever so slightly.  Your skin does not appear too thick.  I would put you in an excellent category for a rhinoplasty.  Be most careful to pick a qualified surgeon in your area who is board certified in plastic surgery or facial plastic surgery.
Good luck, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon