What Should I Believe? Ok to Gain Weight or Not a Smart Choice? (Brazilian Butt Lift)

I had consultations with a few doctors and 2/5 said they dont recommend i gain weight just for the procedure because that will be the first the goes in the transfer or in recovery, it would be a waste and end up with not the greatest results. True? Does 6-8 lbs really make a big difference? What are signs i should look for in a doctor that isnt really looking out for what i want?Besides asking, How can i find out how many surgeries of this kind a doctor has a month/year, what is a good number?

Weight gain before BBL

+2

If you do not have enough fat for a Brazilian buttock lift procedure, then your only choice is to gain weight prior to surgery. If you are too thin, you will not have a good result and will not be happy. After your procedure you should maintain your weight for a few months before considering losing any weight. If you choose not to gain weight, your only option would then be a gluteal implant- which is not a great option. Find a plastic surgeon that does the procedure on a regular basis (weekly) and has some good photos to show you.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

+1

I do not typically recommend weight gain.  You have to realize that there will be few surgeons who can produce dramatic results.  I have performed 5 Brazilian buttlifts in one day, and 15 in a week.  That may be more than someone else does in a year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php