Is a Third Round of Ptosis Surgery Going to Be Necessary? (photo)

It is 3 weeks since my second round of ptosis correction surgery on my right eye (mirrored images). My condition appeared 3 years go. The first surgery, May 2012, resulted in an under-correction without improvement. My second surgery has resulted in an over-correction. There is lumpiness on the eyelid, but the swelling is gone. The result is worse than before. It seems that my one eye is bulging outward. Are there any cases where this type of result got better without further surgery?

Upper Eyelid Retraction, Overcorrection

+1

While it is overcorrected, you should wait several months to get a more precise picture of the final result before deciding on whether to have another surgery.

Upper eyelid retraction

+1

Upper eyelid retraction surgery can be difficult to correct.  It appears you still have upper eyelid retraction.  It is too early to operate again and you should wait a few months before another surgery.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for any revision.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You still have undercorrection of ptosis over right eye

+1

Your left eye is compensating for the ptosis of the right side. The sclera show over the left side is is due to the response to the ptosis over the right side. No non-surgical treatment I would think of.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon