Silhouette Soft™ How Safe is It?

Hello, I have a question regarding a Silhouette Soft™ treatment. As indicated on Silhouette soft homepage this treatment prevents a volume loss in a face. The components are fully absorbable (Lactide Glicolide 82-18 and Polylactic Acid with bidirectional cones). This treatment becomes more and more popular in Europe. Is this treatment approved by FDA and common in the US? What exactly are the components? Which side effects can occur? does it really work? for whom is it suitable?

Silhouette Soft

+1

This procedure sounds similar to several types of minimally invasive lifting gimmicks that have largely been abandoned because of inadequate long term results.  I would be very wary of proceeding with this and would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with a great reputation for facial aesthetics who can help advise you on minimally invasive or surgical alternatives to achieve your goals.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Soft

+1

This seems to be another variant of the thread lift that was offered by some doctors several years ago. I don't know much about the Silhouette, but I will say this. The treatment of the aging face is complex, difficult, and not forgiving. To say that one can rejuvenate the face in 30 minutes with string-stures, is well...too good to be true.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Lift in the US

+1

This is performed in the US, but I do not know of anyone specifically who performs this.   This has not filtered into the mainstream of plastic surgery procedures.