Silhouette Soft™ How Safe is It?

Hello, I have a question regarding a Silhouette Soft™ treatment. As indicated on Silhouette soft homepage this treatment prevents a volume loss in a face. The components are fully absorbable (Lactide Glicolide 82-18 and Polylactic Acid with bidirectional cones). This treatment becomes more and more popular in Europe. Is this treatment approved by FDA and common in the US? What exactly are the components? Which side effects can occur? does it really work? for whom is it suitable?

Silhouette lift!

Thank you for your question. There are many branded "lifts" on the market, so this can be very confusing. some can refer to minimally invasive facelift techniques involving suspension threads.  These techniques are best suited to patients with mild aging changes. Moderate to severe aging changes would more likely benefit from a more traditional facelift. I would recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss what option is best for you.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Soft

Thank you for your question. This treatment procedure seems like another variant of the long abandoned threadlift and is probably not worth the time or the effort (not to mention the cost) of going through with surgery. If patients are serious about creating facial changes, it probably cannot be done with procedures that seem “to good to be true."

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Soft

This procedure sounds similar to several types of minimally invasive lifting gimmicks that have largely been abandoned because of inadequate long term results.  I would be very wary of proceeding with this and would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with a great reputation for facial aesthetics who can help advise you on minimally invasive or surgical alternatives to achieve your goals.

Silhouette Soft

This seems to be another variant of the thread lift that was offered by some doctors several years ago. I don't know much about the Silhouette, but I will say this. The treatment of the aging face is complex, difficult, and not forgiving. To say that one can rejuvenate the face in 30 minutes with string-stures, is well...too good to be true.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silhouette Lift in the US

This is performed in the US, but I do not know of anyone specifically who performs this.   This has not filtered into the mainstream of plastic surgery procedures.