I'm 18 and skinny, but have a very wide face, would Botox help me?

I'm 18 years old. I don't want botox for wrinkles but I want botox for my masseters to slim my face. I have a very wide face and I really hate it. I'm a skinny girl but I think my face is very roud and I hope I could make it less round. Is 18 too young?

Botox can be used to slim the masseter muscle.

+1
Thank you for your question,

Botox can be used to slim the masseter muscle. Consult an expert injector to discuss your concerns. A legal guardian will have to approve the use of Botox for you.

Botox for a wide face

+1
Botox is ok to use on anyone, regardless of age, given that they fit the appropriate parameters. So yes, you can have it done. I would recommend you see a board-certified injector for this type of injection, as it is very different than Botox for cosmetic reasons in the upper face region, and it's very important to know what you are doing with these injections so as not to affect the mouth or speech.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for a wide face

+1
Botox is appropriate for individuals with prominent masseter muscles regardless of age.  Consult a board-certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or favial head and neck surgeon who js an advanced injector familiar with the use of Botox for this issue.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Botox

+1
It may be helpful to decrease the width of your face.  Can you post a photo?  If not, see a board certified physician in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)