19 Days Post Liposuction Inner- Outer Leg, Lovehandles and Buttocks - I See No Results?

I am wearing my garment 24/7 ( obviously not when I shower ) The bruises are slowly going away, the pain in my back is still there though. The areas that have been done are VERY hard and numb. But I see no results to be honest. Sure, I look a bit thinner but nothing major. My jeans fit just the same - and it's bumming me out. I am going to the doctor in 4 days to see if he can do my knees/thighs under local anesthesia to maybe have more results. When will I see my final results? Thanks!

19 Days after Liposuction

+1

19 Days after liposuction is a little too early to be thinking about any revisions.  Swelling will take 3 to 6 months before it is gone or minimal.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post Liposuction Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on if you had traditional or laser liposuction will affect the timing of your final results. With laser liposuction, due to laser building up collagen over time, you can see tightening effect for 6 months. Everyone heals differently: 80% heals in 2-3 weeks, 10% super healer, 10% slow healer. It doesn't sound like you are totally healed yet so I would be patient.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser liposuction, as this might be a better choice for you,  for the safest and most effective treatments.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Liposuction

+1

Swelling can sometimes peak at 2 weeks after the treatment.  I typically tell my patients that they can appreciate some result 1 month later, but it really take 3-6 months to really appreciate the final result.  I’d give it some time. As far as pain, soreness is normal, but pain is not typical, especially at 19 days post-op. I’d let your doctor know. Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

19 days #post-liposuction

+1

its too early to say anything about the final results of liposuction. it will take a few months for the healing to be complete and the final results to show. its best to consult with your doctor and make sure youre healing okay.

Misbah Khan, MD

+1

At 19 days post operatively you may not see any results due to the swelling.  At one month after the surgery you should see a difference from the pre operative photos, but final results may not be visible for several more months. 

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon