Have Never Seen Surgery Pictures of Native American Descent, Is There Any Hope?

Being of Native American descent I've always had a large nose and have always desired surgery but have never seen Indian example.  Also my nose is crooked after a battle from a few years ago, is there any hope for my case?

+2

I improve noses similar to yours every day, and I do not anticipate any problem achieving a natural result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Native American Rhinoplasty

+2

A Native American rhinoplasty can definitely be performed successfully if you visit an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. The size of the nose can be reduced, and the nose can be straightened. Be sure to look for a surgeon with plenty of experience performing ethnic rhinoplasty.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Ethnic rhinoplasties

+2

Ethnic rhinoplasties

Your nose is typical of many ethnic groups and is certainly challenging. Go to an experienced board certified doctor and review pictures that look similar to yourself.  You will be happier with a smaller (not small) nose

Rhinoplasty in Native Americans

+2

Dear genericallyaccepted,

1. You have features similar to other ethnicities and a rhinoplasty can achieve the goals you are looking for
  2. You should find a rhinoplasty specialist in your area who does multiple rhinoplasties a week and can get you the results you are looking for 
  3. Look for similar looking noses in before and after pictures to find the right surgeon
  4. If you have medical insurance, a portion of the case may be covered

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty for native american

+2

Rhinoplasty can certainly be performed for native americans or any one of any descent. Modifications of techniques are performed for each and every patient depending upon the nature of the deformity.

Native American Rhinoplasty (photos)

+2

Many thousands of rhinoplasties are done annually, few of these photos end up online. The Native American nose is similar to many other ethnicities.  There is wide variation among Native Americans in nasal anatomy, appearance, skin characteristics, and desired outcome.  Ultimately, you are an individual and your case should be approached as such.  Although your Native American heritage is considered in planning and executing your procedure, the operation must achieve the result you desire.  There is no stereotypical rhinoplasty that meets the needs of all Native American patients.  YES, there IS hope, you CAN have the nose you want.

Steve Laverson, MD

American Indian rhinoplasty.

+2

Your problem is that of a large nose that does not fit your face. Your nose needs narrowing the bridge and the tip and removing the bump while straightening your nose. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result. 

Hope is Not Lost

+2

I think your question is great for two reasons, pointing out the absence of all cultures in our field as well as the question regarding your nose. I was recently volunteering my time in Iqaluit, a First Nations City in the Arctic in Canada. In fact, I had this exact conversation with an individual up there. One point I noted is that there has never (at least to my knowledge) been a study assessing desires, interest and outcomes in the First Nations population. 

Nevertheless, I believe there is hope as what really matters in the end is what you want. Based on your pictures, i get the feeling you are worried about your dorsal hump (or the "bump." This is something that is straightforward to improve. Also, the tip of your nose seems a bit wide, however its difficult with the pictures thus an "in person" assessment is needed. I say these things just to point out that there is hope and the important thing is what you want, bother personally and culturally. 

Its important you are honest with your surgeon as you really need to find someone who appreciates your unique culture history and helps you look they way you expect. 

As I mentioned, my advice is to find a FRCSC in Canada or a Board certified surgeon in the USA to help with this and to go over your unique circumstance in person. Hope this helps. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male rhinoplasty

+2

I would not worry about your Native American descent.  Although, middle eastern nose has been well described in publications because of the challenges it presents, we approach every patient from top down and address each area of concern.  You can have very good result and still maintain a masculine nose.  You are not hopeless:)

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

A strong nose with Native American features

+1

what you're looking for is a combination of reductive rhinoplasty and Asian rhinoplasty. I wouldn't be too unhappy with the strong appearance of your nose though it can be reduced. You may benefit from some cheek augmentation to offer your face overall better proportions. Some of the breeding issues that you're having may be covered by insurance. I would seek information from an ear nose and throat surgeon who is subspecialty trained and facial plastics.  preferably a board certified facial plastic surgeon

best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon