Will being on methadone cause botox not to work?

I recently had 30 units of botox injected in between my brows to to help with migraines as well as for cosmetic purposes. It's been over 2 weeks, and there is no change at all. Have I been duped?

Botox for cosmetic versus migraines

+1
There are different types of injections for Botox for cosmetic indications and for migraines.  The area of injection matters for the desired result.  If you are seeking the best cosmetic results then you should consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in Botox.  If headaches are your concerns then you should consult a neurologist who specializes in migraines.

Botox and methadone

+1
  • Botox and methadone do not interact with each other. And 30 units for the frown lines is a lot.
  • Some people truly do not react to Botox.
  • This is rare. 
  • If you were treated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or similar reputable physician with specialty cosmetic training - call the office and ask to be seen. 
  • If there was a problem with the Botox dilution, you will be retreated at a much reduced cost.
  • Otherwise, get a second opinion and second treatment from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • If you get a response this time, you will know you were ripped off the first time. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Methadone and Botox

+1
Methadone should have absolutely no effect on your botox injections. But not all migraines are corrected after botox injection.

Methadone does not prevent Botox Cosmetic from working.

+1

No, I do not know of any negative interaction between Botox Cosmetic and Methadone.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Methadone effect botox working

+1
In my opinion, I know not of any reports of narcotics effecting botox working.  The mechanism of action appears to be unrelated.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon