Being Flat Chested, How Many Cc's Needed to Become a Small D? (photo)

Im 5'6 tall and 125 lbs and am very flat chested around a 32AA size. My measurements are 32-27-37. Ive breast fed two babies so i have some extra skin( a sad deflated look). I would like to be a small d and not look too projected out and fake. How many cc's should be the maximum for me to achieve this look. I was told to get a high profile implant.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Achieving the desired breast cup size

+1

It is one of the most commonly discussed subjects – how to pick the correct implant size to get a certain cup size. It is important to know that the same implant size (let’s say 500 cc) will create different cup size in different patients. It is much more important for the patient to communicate to the surgeon what she want to look like (there are different ways to do that). An experienced and talented surgeon then will decide what type of implant to choose ( correct size and correct style) to give you the look that you want.

In your particular case, based on the photos, one has to be careful not to create “double bubble” look when crating a D cup. Make sure your surgeon discusses with you how he will choose the correct implant and correct technique, to created the look that you want.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Going from flat to fabulous

+1

Picking a breast implant size by looking at a picture is rather difficult.  The reason is not necessarily getting your size correct.  But making sure what you think is a “D” is a “D”.  The biggest issue I see from patients, is a miscommunication of what they truly want.  So in your case showing the doctor some pictures of what you want.  Also looking at the doctor’s work and picking pictures of your desired size and shape is well worth the effort.  Your board certified plastic surgeon should be able to get you to where you want to be with 425-575 cc implants.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Cup size

+1

Breast cup size is quite subjective.  In your case, I would probably go with implants in the low 400's.  avoid going too large, because your skin looks thin and stretchy which will cause the implants to  sag, especially if they are too large.  Good,luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Want a "D" cup

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to say what volume would be best for you. Even when the appropriate volume is selected, it may not correlate to the cup size exactly.

Definition of cup size tends to vary, choose an implant size that gives you the looks you desire

+1

Base on your desired cups size and height a 500-600 cc implant is likely going to give you what you want to accomplish.  With that said, a D cup may be more than you actually want based on the overall appearance.  I would recommend trying on the implants in your plastic surgeons office just to make sure.  For volumes in this range you will likely need a high profile implant.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hello

+1

Hello in our practice we like to tell our patients that 225 cc in about one cup size. If you’re starting at AA cup you might want to look in the 600cc range to give you the cup you’re looking for a D cup. Know that a lot of women get stuck on the cup size and cc of implants. It’s all about what you see and what your body can afford and still give you natural results. You should be seen for a consultation and see what your options would be. GOOD LUCK.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

How large an implant is needed?

+1

From your photos, it appears that you not only are deflated, but also have some degree of excess skin. I would consider a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon to get a better idea of what you might need. This is a complicated question to answer and it is likely that you will need a combination of both a lift and implant. Communication is the key to success and the implant type and volume depends upon your ideal outcome as well as your anatomy.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

When it comes to cup sizing all bets are off

+1

Thank you for this interesting question.  I refuse to promise my patients what cup size they will be after any breast surgery.  Manufactureres all vary signifcantly on how they cut a "D" versus a "DD."  The best way to discuss this with your plastic surgeon instead is to talk in "CC's" such as 350, 400 etc.  When you get ready to make that decsion you should also ask to see moderate and high profile implants.  Based on this photo you could choose either in my opinion but most women who are small to begin with are happy with moderate profile implants.

Choose your surgeon wisely and talk to several, then sort out what they said.  Doing your homework ahead of time might help save you any remorse after the surgery if you didn't get the look you wanted.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Without direct examination and a full communication goals is not possible to give you precise advice.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.