How narrow can a wide nose be reduced? (photo)

I have been advised to get an alar base reduction, tip plasty, and bridge augmentation and narrowing. I've always wanted small nostirls, thin nose, and a pointier tip. So, I want to know, realistically, how narrow can I expect my nose get after my rhinoplasty. I want a dramatic change and I want it's drastically different from my bulbous tip, wide nostrils and wide base. Attached are pics of my nose and of some I would want to look like.

+1

The amount of alar narrowing could be done in a few operations. Better to start slowly because if over corrected very hard to rebuild!

Asian nose.

+1

Yes, you will need alar base and tip reduction, bridge augmentation but it won't look exactly like the picture that you would want to look like just because the foundation you have is different than the desired picture. My advise would be: finding a PS who is experienced with Asian Rhinoplasty procedure. Discuss with the surgeon before the surgery and establish a realistic outcome so you won't be disappointed. Rhinoplasty for Asian patient can be very tricky so choose your surgeon carefully. best of luck

Thomas T. Nguyen, MD

How narrow can a wide nose be reduced?

+1

I think that all of the maneuvers you mentioned may be necessary to achieve your goals. Whether you can get to your goal pics will determine on the surgeon you select and the thickness of your skin to some extent.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Male Rhinoplasty Patient with a desire to have a very narrow nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty is an operation that requires great skill, and yet the results are often unpredictable. Male patients that desire to have a very narrow nose are often not satisfied with what is physically possible. The degree of shrinkage of the thicker nasal skin is difficult to predict. Your particular nose will be difficult to obtain the pictures you have presented - but an examination by a qualified plastic surgeon is the best way to get your best plan.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon