How Long Does It Take for Muscle to Heal After Breast Explantation?

I have been explanted. Turns out my 102 fever was due to a blood clot and infection under my left breast. I opted not to have a smaller implant put in. My muscles are very sore. The Dr. said they should heal like new because I didn't have the implants for very long. How long does it take for the muscle to heal?

You should feel fine one month after breast implants removed.

Sounds like you also need to recover from a bad infection. So it may take longer for you to feel absolutely normal after having your breast implants removed.

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Healing after implant removal

It is unclear exactly what you are asking because not all the information about your surgery was given. How long for the muscle to heal? Does this mean that yo had implants under the muscle? The muscle is usually not re-attached at this point. The tenderness after surgery usually goes away after a few weeks.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Healing period after breast explantation varies a bit

Although I am trying to not sound glib (like a former ex-President,) the answer is: it depends upon what you mean by "healed."

The muscle tissue will feel pretty normal after 6-8 weeks and early healing will be completed by then, but inside the scar tissue maturation will still be going on for about a year. It will also change a bit as you work out that muscle for a few months to a year. After that an occasional ache might be felt now and again, but usually that is all.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

630 South Glassell
Orange, CA 92866

Muscle healing after breast implant explantation

This depends on several factors including if a capsulectomy was performed or not. Similarly the muscle can be repaired as well. The healing process generally takes about 6 weeks for scar tissue to accumulate and up to 2 years to fully mature.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Breast healing after explantation will take 4-6 weeks

It will take 4-6 weeks for your breast to heal. You had an infection as wel,l which could require longer healing time. I would recommend that continue to follow with your physician to make sure the infection is well controlled.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

20301 SW Birch St
Newport Beach, CA 92660