Can Genioplasty improve my look? (photos)

Well i know i have issues with my jaw. It's clear that they're not in right position. But my ortho said my bite can be fixed with braces. Then only problem in here is my look and my recessed chin. And he said genioplasty would fix that look. I wonder if it's true? It won't be perfect without bsso but what do you think? Can genioplasty improve my look?

Genioplasty vs. Mandibular Advancement

+1
It is true that a sliding genioplasty will improve your facial profile and look. However with a significant Class II malocclusion it would be better than you have a BSSO which would be a better long-term functional approach. But if you decide not to opt for a mandibular advancement, a sliding genioplasty would provide a nice improvement.

Genioplasty versus chin implant

+1
A Genioplasty is performed by an oral surgeon  and involves making cuts in the mandible and setting it forward. The procedure is performed in the hospital as an inpatient procedure. A chin implant involves inserting a Silastic implant through a sub mental approach under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. For many examples of chin implants, please see the link below

Chin

+1
Chin surgery can improve the face. However, if you have for instance a gummy smile, your upper jaw should be re-positioned, rater than having chin surgery done. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon