V Beam - Sun Protection on Treated Area or Whole Face?

I'll soon get my first VBeam treatment since 2 years to treat redness and vessels caused by Rosacea. I got told by my new doctor to wear 4-6 weeks before and 6 weeks after the treatment sun protection (50+) on the area to be treated (nose & cheeks). My old doctor though told me to wear sun prot. in the whole face,not just the treated area. As I wear a full beard it's annoying as I probab. would have to shave;also covering the whole face might irritate my skin. What's usually recommended? Thanks!

Sunscreen is important after V-Beam

+2

The most important thing is to protect your skin from the sun.  If you have a beard there is no reason to shave it off unless you have broken blood vessels under the beard that you want treated.  You cannot do V-Beam to tan skin and you must protect yourself from the sun after V-Beam to avoid getting more broken blood vessels.  As the skin ages and gets thinner from the sun, one produces more talengiectasias and redness.  Avoiding the sun and using good sunscreen will reduce your redness and minimize your V-Beam treatments.

Sun Protection and V-Beam

+2

Thank you for your question.  You are welcome to keep your full beard, just make sure to use sunscreen on all visible skin, on a daily basis.

Bay Area Dermatologist