V Beam Vs IPL

Is the IPL out of style now?

Is IPL Out of Style?

+2

Hi Sea Siren.  IPL has always been out of style for our practice because of the other lasers we use.  Wether you are targeting redness (V-Beam, V-Star or even pulsed dye) or brown spots (q-swictched Nd:Yg) we believe that lasers will always offer a superior outcome. 

While IPL may be a good idea for a practice that only wants to buy one machine, it is the printer, fax, copier of the laser world - and it's not even a laser.  We opt for lasers at all times.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/lasersVSipl.aspx

I have both the IPL and V-Beam

+1

There is an indication for both lasers, the IPL and the V-Beam. It is patient dependent and one size "doesn't fit all."  I use the V-Beam for a lot of rosacea but use my IPL for skin tightening, overall redness, and hair reduction as well.

V Beam vs IPL

+1

V Beam is a pulse dye laser and works better for individual blood vessels than IPL.  IPL works well for diffuse redness and brown discolorations as well as laser/ hair removal.

IPL is an excellent modality but one needs to know the capability as well as limitations of the system.  It is by no means out of style.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.