V Beam PERFECTA for Redness and Hyperpigment?

I've read on Candela's website that the PERFECTA can treat vascular things as well as pigment things. Is it able to do this in one pass (one wavelength), or are multiple passes needed? I ask because I have some brownness from untreated rosacea, which makes the PERFECTA sound very appealing. Thank you in advance!

Vbeam is one of my favorite lasers!

+1

Vbeam is a great treatment for anything red. The Perfecta has a wavelength of 595nm, which is best absorbed by oxy-hemoglobin of the red blood cells. Therefore, vascular lesions from port wine stains, to leg veins, to rosacea and broken blood vessels are all well-treated with this laser.

Depending on what you are treating, different passes, number of treatments and laser settings are needed.
The Perfecta is great for redness, and does a little for brown as well. However, there are various better lasers and chemical peels that can address dark spots. Dark spots can be superficial or a deep dermal process and therefore, you should ask your dermatologist for the proper diagnosis.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

VBeam for Redness & Hyperpigment....

+1

Although improvement should be seen even with one treatment, it usually takes several (2-5) treatments to get the maximum benefit.