Is V Beam OK if You Have Seborrheic Dermatitis?

When i got v beam i didn't know I had Seborrheic Dermatitis because the symptoms were very mild, (sensitive facial skin and hot flush after drinking alcohol) but after having v-beams 7 times for 3 months (each time the layer took 1minutes , so it was very quick and just mild redness ) my skin started to become much sensitive than ever before, and I got facial flushing very often.... and I have exact SD symptoms Could v beam cause some serious problems to SD patient?

V-Beam treats superficial broken blood vessels and does not cause seborrheic dermatitis

+1

The V-Beam is a great laser and does not cause Seb Derm.  Generally speaking many patients who have sensitive skin have rosacea, seb derm, or eczema.  I am not surprised that you have both.  You need to treat your skin with mild cleansers and topically emollients and some Nizoral cream for your Rosacea and Seb Derm. Within a few weeks, both conditions should improve.

V-Beam is OK for patients with facial dermatitis

+1

In general, V-beam should not make your dermatitis worse. I usually like to treat the underlying dermatitis before performing V-beam laser.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Vbeam is OK for People with Seborrheic Dermatitis

+1

The Vbeam has not been known to cause any serious problems to patients with Seborrheic Dermatitis.  The cryo on the Vbeam may agitate it, but it should not cause more “flushing.”  Vbeam targets the “reds” which are the blood vessels underneath the skin. It is OK to have Vbeam if you have Seborrheic Dermatitis, however seven treatments in three months seems a like a lot.  We usually see Vbeam patients just once a month.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon