Slightly Beaky Nose After Rhinoplasty

Two weeks after Rhinoplasty, I'm noticing a dip in the middle of my nose between the bridge and the tip, which is causing my nose to look slightly beaky. I also am feeling a slight bump by the top of the bridge of my nose. I have "moderately thick skin," as per my doctor. Is this all normal?

Be Patient During Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

During the first several weeks, following rhinoplasty, the nose undergoes significant changes as the swelling subsides. The swelling gradually dissipates over the first several months and thus the appearance of the nose changes gradually. The swelling can fluctuate on a daily basis,and different areas of the nose may retain swelling longer than others. This often gives the nose an uneven appearance.

Be patient. As the swelling goes down, the appearance should improve. Visit with you surgeon early about your concerns so that any issues can be addressed at the appropriate times.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Relax after your Rhinoplasty, and don't worry

+1

A tiny millimeter of swelling on the nose can greatly distort your view of the nose. Two weeks after a Rhinoplasty, you have a lot more than a millimeter of swelling. To truly evaluate the outcome of your nose, you must wait at least 6 months and in some cases up to a year. So, at two weeks, feel confident that your doctor did a great job.

Robert M. Freund, MD

It is too soon to say.

+1

The swelling will go down and you will not see the way the nose will look for 6-12 months. So for now, relax and when you see your doctor for follow up, he can advise you.