I Had a Bcc Removed from my Forehead but After the Stitches Came out the Cut Has Opened Up. Will It Heal Ok?

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see your surgeon for a follow-up and evaluation of the area.  Without the sutures, the area will eventually close, but it is likely that you will end up with a larger scar than first intended.

Sutures removed but site has reopened

+1

I would ask that you return to your surgeon. Yes, the site will close eventually, but it will almost definitely leave a larger scar than originally intended. Also, the fact that it has reopened could potentially lead to some type of infection. So it's best to return to the physician who did the BCC removal for an evaluation and possible re-suture.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD