Will BCBS Cover a Breast Reduction and/or Belly Liposuction, As I Had a Lumbar Spinal Fusion and Laminctomy in April?

I gained over20 lbs in the yr befory surgury due to sevee pain and less activity. I am 5'2" and 150 lbs My breast size is a 38 DDD and my stomach loks like I am 3 month pregnant. This extra poundage in all areas is wrecking more havoc on my back. Please advise. I live in Michigan

Breast reduction coverage by insurance.

+1

Breast reduction surgery is often covered by insurance if you have documentation of symptoms and treatment for these symptoms. Seek consultation from a reputable plastic surgeon in your area. 

Liposuction is generally a cosmetic procedure is not typically covered by insurance. This can be performed at the same operation as your breast reduction to save on recovery time.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and liposuction and insurance coverage

+1

Insurance coverage for breast reduction has become more difficult with each passing year.  You should check with your insurance company what information they will require to get approval.  I will say that liposuction of the body is not covered by insurance.  This is a self-pay procedure.

Breast Reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the back problems you have experienced.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict  with any accuracy whether a specific insurance company will cover breast reduction surgery. Your best bet will be to meet with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area; asked to see lots of examples of their work.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

It will be in your best interests,  although it is obviously easier said than done, to achieve your long-term stable weight prior to undergoing breast reduction and/or liposuction surgery.