When I Nursed and Became Engorged, my Veins Showed, Will This Happen After Implants Too? (photo)

Hello, I was the one that asked earlier today about size 450cc's silicone for my A cups! I should have mentioned I nursed all five of my babies and have lots of skin left over. Curious too about veins showing through after implants because they certainly did while I was engorged to a D while nursing.

Veins showing in breast after augmentation

+3

Thank you for the question and the pictures. Your vein will likely show after breast augmentation although they may not be as prominat as there were during breast feeding. During nursing the breast tissue is more active and hence has more blood supply. After augmentation, the skin will be stretched and those veins may become visible. Best wishes.

Engorgement

+2

Since your breasts are not becoming engorged after augmentation it is unlikely that you have the same problem afetr augmentation

Veins Showing After Breast Augmentation

+2

Stretchmarks and veins are two common concerns following breast augmentation.  Stretchmarks and veins may get better, stay the same, or get worse.  Venous engorgement would probably not be as great after breast augmentation as when nursing.

Prominant Veins?

+2

While it is possible that your veins will be visible after augmentation, its unlikely that they will be as prominant as they were during pregnancy.  Pregnancy is a completely different process of enlargement than augmentation.  You have active growth and production of milk and an increased blood supply.  With augmentation, you can have some more prominant veins, especially if you get a very large augmentation with tight skin envelope afterwards that can cause pressure on the veins and cause then to enlarge, however this is less likely with a more concervative augmentation.

Hello Michka,

Thank you for your question and and photos.

Rather that concentrate on CC's, it is better to concentrate on your base diameter of your breasts then select a profile that you like.  In your case without your breast diameter measurements and a proper physical exam, its impossible to tell you cc size.  However, I would suggest looking into a high profile implant to meet your goals with a base diameter appropriate for your breast diameter.  This will dictate your cc's.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Veins after breast augmentation?

+2

It is possible that you may see veins in your breast after augmentation especially when initially swollen. It is hard to predict, and pregnancy is a very different state.

Hello

+2

With your history your history, you are likely to have your veins showing. It is not 100% that they will stay, after swelling they MIGHT subside.

Will Veins Show after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, it is very likely, that your veins will be more visible after breast augmentation surgery. However, it is very likely that this  “trade off” will be worth it given that you seem to be an excellent candidate for the procedure.  In regards to your goals, make sure you feel comfortable that you have communicated as much as possible/necessary with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Will my veins show after Breast aug?

+2

Yes, they probably will be more prominent after a BA if they were prominent with nursing, I would encourage you to visit with a PS that can perform Sclerotherapy for these veins after your augmentation, this would be a simple and safe solution to eliminate these veins, good luck

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Veins

+2

If the veins showed each time you nursed, it may well be that that will happen with implants, but there is no certainty of that. Without further info it is hard to guess the appropriate implant size, but 450 sounds reasonable given your impression of the skin laxity.

If your surgeon feels otherwise after examining you, that opinion is worth far more than our online opinions done without the benefit of an exam.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Veins after breast implant.

+2

Thanks for your post and photos. It is certainly possible, and even likely, that your veins will show once the breast implant is in place. On the other hand, the volume, size and cleavage of your breasts will change dramatically and you should feel more confident and beautiful - after breast augmentation. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.