Stinging Tingling Nipples After BA? (photo)

Hello and thanks in advance for answering my question!!! I had my BA on Jan. 29th/13. I have provided before and after photos. I am experiencing some achy painy boobies with extreme nipple stinging/tingling!!! Feels like a "milk letdown", when I was nursing!!! It's pretty constant too. I was wondering when this subsides? It's pretty uncompfortable! I received 480cc ultra high profiles mentor silicone ("gummy bears"or memery gel) smooth round implants. I feel like they look pretty nice!?Comments?

Super sensitive nipples

+2

hi

this is a very common experience after BA. the nerves are stretched and are irritated. it will take time, but it will go away. 

You can and should be massaging the implants. In addition, you can try the "pastie" nipple covers from places like victoria's secret. this will help cover the sensitive nipples so your bra and clothing don't irritated you too much. 

Post surgical skin tends to be dry and not sweat and make much oil. Dry skin can also be very sensitive. You may want to try a light moisturizer to the breast and nipple as you heal. 

Are you having any milk production? if so your PS can prescribe a medication to stop this. 

take care.

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Sensitive Nipples After Breast Augmentation

+2

Judging from the pictures you have had a very nice result. Your complaints are not uncommon. It is still very early on in the healing following your surgery. There is still a significant amount of inflammation and scarring that is occurring within the operative site. These processes can irritate the nerves of the nipple areolar complex causing the hypersensitivity which you describe. This should resolve over the next 3 to 6 months as the aforementioned processes subside.

Thank you for the question. I hope this helps Best wishes.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Stinging/Tingling after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Yes, your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you.

Temporary hypersensitivity of the nipple/areola complexes  is commonly seen after breast augmentation surgery.  Generally speaking, this hypersensitivity resolves over the course of several weeks to months.

Enjoy the nice  results you have achieved.

Breast implants

+2

The sensation you describe is due to the stretching of the nerves. It will subside, but it may take 3 weeks or up to 6 months. Everyone is different.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Nipple pain is not unusual after augmentation

+2

Shooting, stinging pain of the breast and nipples is not unusual after breast augmentation. lIt is caused by the healing of the nerves disrupted by the normal surgical dissection. Nothing is necessarily wrong. The time until it resolves is variable, generally weeks. Anti inflamatories can help. There are also medications specific for nerve pain that can help as well.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+2

Nice result!

The stinging in your nipples is due to the healing of the nerves. During this phase they can produce shooting sensations or uncomfortable hypersensitivity when the nipples are touched.

While your instinct is to protect them you must do precisely the opposite.

I usually recommend desensitizing excercises: rub and squeeze your nipples frequently during the day.

This is unpleasant at first but, if you persist, you will find that the sensitivity and stinging quickly settle down. The key is to do this frequently.

All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Stinging Sensation 2 Weeks Following Breast Augmentation

+2

Stinging sensation 2 weeks following breast augmentation is not uncommon.  If the breasts look nice and are without any other issues, ask your surgeon for something else for relief.  These sensations will likely resolve with a little more time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stinging Tingling Nipples After BA

+2

This is not a rare complaint. Usually this sensation fades and the swelling from surgery resolves. 

Ask you surgeon about using a local anesthetic cream or patch to get you through this period. Result of your surgery looks nice.

All the best. 

Healing And Discomfort After Breast Implants And Breast Augmentation

+1

This is generally normal in the first few months after surgery. It may continue even into the second year. 

Try massage, motrin, celebrex.

Stinging Tingling Nipples After BA?

+1

After a breast augmentation the nipples can have decreased sensation or increased sensation or they may have stinging or tingling and any feeling in between.  These sensations have more to do with the pulling on the nerves and will usually resolve with time spontaneously.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD