What Size For My Breast Aug? (photo)

I am a very active woman 5ft. 7in weigh 138lbs and currently am a 34A cup. I am looking to get 450cc's silicone mentor gummy bears put in. However, they will be placed partial under muscle so I'm wondering if I will loose cc's and should I get the 500cc instead? Also I don't want to look too big in my clothes but do expect a wow factor naked :) Any input? I have to pick the size by Dec 6th!!! Also, I hoping to achieve close to a full size D cup and I know that is hard to predict! Thx for advice

Implant Sizing

+2
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

450 cc A to D cup

+2

In general, 200 to 250 cc will add one cup.  However, in very thin, small chest wall women 150 to 175 cc may add one cup size.  450 cc may give an A to D cup increase in this case.  In general, most women cannot go up 3 cup sizes without the implant being a little too large for the chest wall width.

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

Good ways to assess which size you like are to try the implants on on a bra to see what it looks like and which bra it fills. I like to also use 3D imaging to visualize what the size would look like in your body. The imaging also will demonstrate how little difference there is between those two sizes to allay your fears. Both of those sizes would give you an attention getting result!

Michael Horn, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “wow factor”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant size

+2

450cc should give you a D, but not full or large. 475-500cc should make you a fuller D cup.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

What Size For My Breast Aug?

+2

Thanks for the posted photos. I recommend at least a 500 cc HP/UHP implant. Best to discuss again with your chosen surgeon. 

Breast augmentation

+2

If you have gone over things with your surgeon, then choosing the righ implant should be fairly straighforward. The two implants are only a 50 cc difference.  See what you like in a bra.  Good luck.  BTW, those a fairly large implants and they will be WOW in and out of clothes.

450cc vs 500cc Silicone Gel Breast Implants ??

+2

In the debate between 450cc and 500c implants, you have stated several important factors..full .D cup, wow factor and you are asking this question. These suggest that you are of not being big enough.  In addition you have a lot of loose skin on your breasts of which it always take more volume to fill them out. Therefore, between those two sizes I would opt for the slightly larger one.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

What Size For My Breast Aug?

+2

In my opinion, if you have to pick the size, you need to see someone else. You are paying a surgeon for skill and experience and that means you tell him verbally and show him photos of your goal and he picks the implant size. He should have several sizes available for your procedure and use sizers intraoperatively  to determine what volume IN you gets the look you want. There is no way you can look at an implant in your hand or even in your bra and know what it will look like inside with your tissues modifying it. If you are expected to make that choice then you have a doctor who is not willing to make the decision he is being paid for. It is simply that he is unwilling to accept responsibility.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Hello

+2

Thank you for your pictures, without an exam to see your whole figure it is very hard to be exact on what size would give you the wow factor you are wanting. In our practice we tell our patient’s that 220-225cc equal to one cup size If you are an A cup and want to be a D cup it sounds like you are in the right range. Yes if it being put under the muscle you will lose some, so getting 20cc more would make up for that compression.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS