Looks Like PS Says 425cc is my Best Bet. Will my Skin Stretch Much Less with These? (photo)

Well, I am a 34A cup and have nursed all five of my babies! I'm deflated!!! 134lbs and 5 ft. 7inches. I measure a 31 around my band/ribs. I really want to achieve a larger size (as in Small D cup). I know there are so many variables and it cannot be predicted. I guess I'm just curious about how the skin handles 425cc mod+ silicone as apposed to say 450-475cc? My PS is suggesting no more than 425cc because of skin thinning and stretching. Other opinions on this please!!! Chances of seeing Dcups?

Sizing

+2

The most accurate measurement is the breast width. However the 425 cc. moderate plus profile silicone implant sounds right for your height and weight.

Compromise with Breast Implant Size

+2

If you are an A cup and want to go to a D cup, even with the smallest of frames you would need 600 cc.  Your chest wall width would have to be about 12 cm to even consider this, using the Mentor High Profile Saline 500 cc implants filled to 600 cc.  This might be technically possible, but your doctor is probably being conservative to protect you from tissue thinning, rippling, etc.

Lift is just as important as implant to avoid double bubble

+2

At size 34 A each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  To achieve a small D will require 300 cc implants (425 cc implant are excessive).  However, the goal is to achieve beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, position of areola, cleavage, shape and least of all volume.  Since you have had 5 pregnancies and breast fed, your skin has been stretched and distorted your breast slope.  Lifting is just as important as the implant and there is a new technique that requires no vertical scars.  You are an excellent candidate for Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+2

Its tough to make any recommendations online without a formal physical exam.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Increasing size when surgeon says no

+2

Your surgeon is trying to look out for your interests and that is understandable in this litigious society we live in.  My patients choose what size they want with my intervention coming in when they start looking ridiculously large for their frames.  There are more risks with larger implants but I have not experienced those speculated issues.   And 60 cc's or 2 ounces should not make or break your results as the differences in the dimensions of your implant are miniscule.

Curtis Wong, MD

Skin and implant difference of 50 cc

+2

50 cc is not a hug difference but certainly noticeable. It really depends upon your overall anatomy.  Best to be seen in person to give a proper assessment.

Looks Like PS Says 425cc is my Best Bet. Will my Skin Stretch Much Less with These?

+2

Your posted photos do show the "deflated" look. I might consider 500 cc UHP implants. You already have stretch marks noted so go for the size. Best of luck. 

Implant selection

+2

I agree with the 425 size implants and also agree with your surgeon's advice not to go too large.  But every surgeon has their own bias regarding what size implants are best for which situation. 

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Implant Sizing

+2

It would be impossible to recommend 'the best' implant size even with your good description and photos.  However, I must say that as a group, plastic surgeons tend to be too heavy handed in implant selection size, and that is the most common reason for post-operative complications leading to dissatisfaction and re-operation.  There are many reasons why plastic surgeons place implants that are too large, but the main reason is pressure from the patient, and the threat of the patient going to the surgeon next door who will gladly place whatever sized implants she wants.  If your surgeon thinks 425 cc is enough, then I would heed his words.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Is 425cc best for me

+2

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. It is impossible to give specific advice without an actual exam, though I can give some thoughts.

The proper choice of implants is best determined by a three dimensional approach. The width of the implant is chosen to match the width of your chest. The projection is then selected based on the look that you are trying to achieve. The volume becomes almost secondary. 

I would suggest continuing your conversations with your plastic surgeon. They have had the benefit of an actual exam, which can make all of the difference. Keep in mind a couple of things:

-it is impossible to determine an exact cup size. All bra manufacturers are different.

-adding more volume increases the weight and can add to sag or ptosis over time.

-the difference between the 425cc and 475cc implants is only 5mm in width and 1mm in projection. It is likely that you will be unable to tell the difference.

I hope that this helps. I would suggest discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon. I am sure that they will be receptive.

Best of luck.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon