How Many Cc's Total Does One Need to Go Up 3 Cup Sizes with a 36 Band?

I'm 5ft. 6.5inches and weigh 135lbs. Band width 36. Just curious how many cc's TOTAL, I might need to go up 3 cup sizes (preferably full)?

Going up Three Cup Sizes

+3

In very wide women, a cup size may take 300 cc.  In most women, 200 cc to 250 cc will increase a woman by one cup size.  I typically only recommend a 2 cup size increase as very few women have a chest wall wide enough to accomodate a 750 cc implant.  Also, you must consider that larger implants thin tissue faster, which leads to rippling faster.  In addition, you must consider the added weight and possible back, neck, and shoulder pain that could be created in this situation.  Finally, larger implants can cause breasts to droop faster

BBA

+2

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Sizing

+2

The correct sizing depends on your breast diameter, chest width and anatomy, height and weight. Proper choice of style is also important for satisfaction, probably more important than volume

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “3 cup sizes” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast size increase and cc's of implants

+2

There is no direct correlation of cc's of volume of an implant and breast size. It's all relative and if you want to see how it works, go to the bra store and look at the volume of a C cup in 32, 34, 36, and 38's. 

It's also not a good idea to start with the number of cc's and work backwards. Implants are sized by fitting them to the width of your breast which is where they are properly positioned. The final size or volume depends on the forward volume or "profile" of the implant which is maximum in a high profile implant of the correct width for your breast. This generally results in a two cup size increase from what you started from. 

There are no implant options for a three cup size increase in one operation and the tissues will not tolerate that degree of increase without risk of stretch, distortion, complications, and unnaturalness. The best way to achieve a three cup size increase is to have the procedure done properly with a high profile implant and go up two cup sizes, allow your tissues to adjust to this and then replace your implants with larger implants that the tissues will now allow for. In breast reconstruction after mastectomy this is done with tissue expanders. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+2

Breast cup size can be pretty subjective.  I think you are best off finding pictures of women similar to what you would like to be and consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss size rather then try to calculate it based on any formula.  That way you will actually get what you want.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

How Many CC's to go up 3 Cup Sizes with a 36 Band?

+2

The larger the band size the more cc's are needed per cup size increment.

For example if you are a 32A and want to be a 32 B, C, D, you might go up 180, 275, and 375, respectively. If you are a 34A and want to be a 34 B,C,D, you might augment by 200-300, 300-400, and 425-500. 

A 36A woman desiring to be a 36 B,C, or D, might add 280, 425, and 500 plus.

The most difficult thing is deciding how much more than 500 will be satisfactory for a particular woman. The idea of a D cup seems to mean "large or full".  Since this is so subjective, sometimes the error is made in being too small, not enough volume.

All these numbers are highly influenced by the pre-existing breast volume and breast width. If a woman has a broader chest/breast base width measurement, she can have a larger,wider implant and may need that to look  well-proportioned.

We use sizing bras and the full range of gel implants as sizers. Women can then easily tell what is pleasing to them. Often they are a bit inhibited by the sudden increase in volume and find that as they continue to try on implants, or think about it and return for another sizing session, that they want larger rather than smaller implants.

I point out the relationship between their breast base measurements and the actual size/width relationships of the implants to remind them to limit their augmentation to what fits their particular anatomy.

We now have a number of implant types that can be chosen to give a customized augmentation. These include the various width/height/projection combinations of the Sientra highly-cohesive form stable gel implants (gummy bears), and the Mentor and Allergan moderate profile (moderate plus for Mentor) and high-profile implants.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Volume for Three Cup Size Change

+2

There is no exact mathematical formula that translates implant volume to bra cup sizes. At best only general rules apply such as 150cc to 200cc per cup size. But this will also depend on one's chest sizes and breast base diameters. I am assuming based on your question that you are an A and want to be full D cup. At your height and weight that should put you in the range of a 500cc to 600cc implant. Whether that is appropriate for your chest size and the look you want can not be determined based on this discussion only.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

How to Estimate Cup Size: A Guide

+2

Many patients want to know how large of an implant is required to enlarge the breasts to a certain cup size.  A good rule of thumb for a woman with a 36 inch chest is that about 200cc- 225cc will enlarge one cup on average.  To increase by 3 cup sizes, a very large implant will be required.  Patients should be careful when requesting oversized implants as they are heavy and often drop significantly over time.  Think about the long term, what looks good on your body, and what will stay perky the longest.  Consult several plastic surgeons for their input.  Good luck!

Stephen Bresnick, MD

Cup size increase

+2

Cup size increases are variable.  A rough estimate of a single cup size increase is somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-250 cc's/cup.