Can a BBW Have Tuberous/hypoplastic Breasts? (photo)

I'm 32, never had a child and all my sisters have small breasts. But, none look like mines. I'm 5' 7". I weigh 328 and have a large over-all frame. I have been heavy all my life. I also have PCOS. I have a wide spacing between my breasts and they droop to the side. So much so, it seems like I have side breast tissue. Is there anything that can be done to correct my issues? I do not think a simple breast augmentation will work for me.

Yes, a large individual can have hypoplastic breasts

+1

Yours is not a simple, straightforward situation.  You will need to be seen first by a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss what options might be right for you. I do not think that you will be happy with a breast augmentation.

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your BMI is 51.4.  I do not think that you will be happy with the results of any elective cosmetic surgery until you are able to lose a significant amount of weight.  Plus, you are at a very high risk of surgical complications because of your weight.

You may was to investigate the possibilities and opportunities for and against bariatric surgery.  I wish I had more to help.

Breast issue

+1

While you have vvery little breast tissue, you have to focus on other things first. Your weight is very high and you should lose weight first before considering anything to be done on your breasts.

Tuberous Breast

+1

Your pictures show that you have small breast for your size that probably do not respond to weight fluctuations like the rest of the fatty tissue.  You don't have tuberous breast.  Breast augmentation with a breast lift will improve the size and shape of your breast, but at your current weight, complications related to surgery are more likely.  If you are planning to lose weight either with diet and exercise, or are considering bariatric surgery, you should lose the weight before considering cosmetic improvement.

Donald Griffin, MD

What should you do.

+1

You are large with small breasts. Implants will help but may not give you the look you want. You could have some of the excess fat under your arms liposuctioned, but you still will have some excess skin. You do not have tubular breasts. You need to be seen before any further discussion as to what should be done.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast Surgery Option?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, I would not  be able to offer you any operation at your current weight. This would expose you to unacceptable perioperative morbidity/mortality risks.

There are many nonsurgical and surgical options available to you for weight loss.

When you have achieved significant weight loss and already long-term stable weight then  you will be a candidate for breast surgery ( exactly what will help you will depend on examination and goals at that time).

Recommendation for breast surgery

+1

Given your body size, it looks to me like you have small breasts and the tissue you have on the side of your breasts is less likely to be breast tissue than subcutaneous tissue and is quite common in large women. It can be removed but does leave large scars and is not usually covered by insurance. The wide spacing between your breasts, I believe, is emphasized by the fact that your breasts are small for your size.  Addressing all these issues is not something that can be done without an examination and detailed discussion. You need to see at least one, and perhaps several, board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns and what can be done about them. And, if you can lose some weight, that would be helpful both in terms of enhancing your appearance and making healing from any surgery better. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon