Getting a BBL, I Don't Want to Have to Have a Tummy Tuck with It. What Should I Do?

I am 5'4 and about 200 pounds. Bad yes i know. I want to weigh about 160 before i get the BBL. i think most of the fat transfer would be from my stomach and back. i do not want to have to get a Tummy Tuck bc i think the scar is not attractive at all. What would i need to do to keep from having the loose skin and need the Tummy Tuck.

BBL does NOT lead to needing a Tummy Tuck

+2

Respectfully your question suggests you do not fully understand how liposuction, Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck Surgery overlap.

First - No one EVER "NEEDS" ANY cosmetic procedure.While a woman with advanced breast cancer or someone with a gunshot to the chest NEED prompt surgical intervention, Cosmetic Surgery falls more into the "I WANT" column than the "I NEED" column.

Second - for truly great looking and lasting results the woman's weight should be stable and ideally at a Body Mass Index (BMI) of under 27. Your BMI is nearly 35 (with 30 and over being obese and 40 and over being morbidly obese). If you lost 40 pounds your BMI would be 27 and your results would be a LOT better.

Third- depending on your skin type, duration of obesity and history of pregnancies ANY weight loss would be associated with hanging skin. BUT - a tummy Tuck is not only about removing loose skin; it is about first tightening the stomach muscles resulting in a flat tummy with a narrow hourglass waist after which all loose tummy skin is removed.

Forth - Liposuction is NOT a weight loss method. Only 10 pounds or so of fat can be removed as an outpatient surgery. Since you need to lose 40 pounds the operation would not get you to your desired weight.

By watching your carbs and fat intake, by increasing your exercising and lean protein intake you CAN lose all this weight safely. At THAT time, you would need to be assessed and see if fat could be transferred to the butt and if a well done Tummy Tuck would truly supercharge your appearance. Rather than worry about it, I would advise you to start on the path for better eating and exercising. Whatever you look like at 160 pounds WE CAN HANDLE and make it look a LOT better.

Good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Can I Get A Brazilian Butt Lift Without Having A Tummy Tuck?

+1

Harvesting fat from your abdomen for your Brazilian butt lift does not necessarily require a tummy tuck.  Here, it would be helpful if you had included a picture, also your age, how many children you have had, what was your highest weight.  All the above factors plus the laxity of your skin will determine if you need a tummy tuck.  If you have good tone to your skin and do not have muscle separation, then liposuction of your abdomen to harvest fat for your Brazilian butt lift can be done and very likely not require an abdominoplasty. 

Of course, a face to face consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon of your choice would answer your question directly. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Excess flacid belly skin after lypo worsen/ la piel flacida del abdomen empeora despues de una lypo

+1

after any abdominal lypo during a BBL the fallen belly skin worsen it should be done a concommitant TT otherwise the non surgical procedures ( cavitation external ultrasound, mesotherapy,external laser, etc)  will requiere more than 22 sessions( 3 months going 3 times a week to treatment) to improve a scarcy 45% with the corresponding expenses same than a surgery.

despues de cualquier lypo durante un BBL la piel flacida  abdominal empeora por lo que debe de realizarse un TT concomitante, esta comprobado que cualquier metodo no quirurgico no invasivo ( cavitacion, ultrasonido externo,mesoterapia. laser externo etc ) requieren mas de 22 sesiones para ganar un escaso 45 % de mejoria y con gasto similar a una operacion pero con perdida de 3 meses de 3 sesiones  semanales

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty concerns

+1

If you have loose abdominal skin, then you will  need a tummy tuck.  The scar, which you categorize as unattractive, is largely hidden by pubic hair.  Remember that most of the scars you see online are fresh ones and that the scarring goes on to fade quite nicely by the end of a year. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck and BBL

+1

Dear E,

Whether you need a tummy tuck or not after, or with your BBL, depends on several factors, only one of which is the amount of fat to be removed from your abdomen.  The elasticity of your skin and the position and tone of your muscles will also determine if you need a tummy tuck.  Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will provide you with the options and guidance that you need.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Staging surgery.

+1

I would recommend weight loss prior to an abdominoplasty to a BMI of 30.  The BBL can be performed prior to this weight loss.  Staging both procedures will also be safer and provide a more comfortable recovery. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon