Candidate for BBL?

So I was 117 pounds 5"3 , now I'm 129 I gained weight thinking that would give me better results. Now I'm hearing that's a bad idea. Some doctors are telling me to just get a consultation. Most consultation are 6 to 8 months out. I have made up my mind this is what i want and I'm taking it serious. Any comments ! Would help me understand more on how this works. Also now that I gained weight should I work out!!!

Stable weight is best for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

An exam by a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss outcome expectations.
As long as your weight is stable, which I would define as plus or minus five pounds from your current weight over the past few years, you would be a reasonable candidate for a Brazilian Butt lift fat transfer procedure
Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. Realistic expectations are important for best out come and satisfied patients. For some patients, more than one fat transfer procedure is required to obtain the size they want because injecting too much fat at one time has diminishing returns as less fat survives than if less is injected. In other patients, inadequate fat from other areas may limit the buttock enhancement size.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/buttock-augmentation/

Brazilian Butt candidate

+1

The best advice would be to make a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  You should be able to find someone that can see you sooner.  In the meantime, just maintain a healthy weight. 

Weight gain before Brazilian butt lift

+1

Gaining weight before the surgery is not recommended. I recommend that you are as close to your average body weight as possible before surgery as losing weight after a Brazilian butt lift may cause lumps or other deformities. Also fat that is gained rapidly will not be the same quality as the fat you have at your healthy weight.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/brazilian-butt-lift-6998

Gaining weight prior to a BBL is a bad idea

+1

I recommend against gaining weight prior to a BBL. You may thnk that this will help, but the fact is that the fat you have gained is not normal fat and will go away very quickly after your surgery. This is a common mistake made by surgeons who don't do enough BBLs and don't really understand the science behind fat transfer. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon who does several of these per week.  While many of us are booked for surgeries 4-6 months in advance, the wait for an in person consultation should only be a few weeks, even with the busiest doctors.

Web reference: http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/body/buttock-lift-augmentation-new-york-city/

Weight gain prior to Brazilian buttock lift

+1

You can submit your photos to a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a candidate or not for this procedure. There are many  good plastic surgeons available who can see you for a consultation- I recommend finding one on RealSelf or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in your area. At your current weight it is difficult to say if you are a good candidate, but I would maintain your weight for now until you can be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

BBL

+1

Gaining weight is never a good idea. You should look for other surgeons instead of waiting 6-8 months. Try one of the surgeons on real self 

Ideal weight for Brazilian butt lift

+1

At 129 pounds I definitely would not lose weight prior to the procedure.  If you do you may not have enough fat to transfer to the butt to get a good result.  If you are struggling with waiting 6 months for a consult, I would look for other surgeons.

Send in photos.

+1

6 to 8 months out?  You can request to send a photo to the surgeons office to see what he thinks based on a phtots if you are serious about coming in for a consultation.  That way you will have an ideal if you have the right amount of fat based on the photos.  It is best to be at your ideal weight with extra stubborn fat around the abdomen and other areas because if you lose weight after your procedure, you may need a revision surgery to touch up your results. 

BBL candidate

+1

Gaining weight is not necessarily bad, and I would not recommend losing the weight now.  The fat can be used for transfer.  I see 5 to 10 new consults a day, but I can always see one more.  We can usually schedule the surgery for the next week, which helps patients as well. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.