BBL: won't be taking a week off post op. Bad idea? (photo)

1. I'm a student looking to get BBL. However I only have Friday-Sunday off every week. During Monday-Thursday, I have to sit anywhere from 1-6 hr depending on schedule. What could happen if I go through with BBL? 2. I plan to wear a bikini 1 month post op. I know the result won't be final, but will I still be presentable (swelling/bruising)? If not, when will I be? (I don't think I need extensive work, if that matters. Please see photo) 3. If done out of town, when can I fly home? Is 24hr ok?

BBL: won't be taking a week off post op. Bad idea?

+1
In smaller volume transfers, a week off may be reasonable.  I transfer from 600 cc per buttock to about 2000 cc per buttock depending upon patient desires and anatomy.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Safety is priority

+1
You are a very young patient and probably impatient to have your surgery done and enjoy the most beautiful result because you have the great foundation to achieve a very attractive and curvaceous result, but you have to know that safety is number one and if you do not treat the fat grafted area very well (sitting for so long, not resting, walking up and down etc) you may end with a higher absorption rate than expected and then all of the effort, time, money etc might be sent to trash.
BBL is a major surgery and you have to take care of your body, before and mainly after surgery.
So take your time to recover, you can not sunbathe for at least 4 months, a  no sitting for at least 3 weeks (unless you use a rolled yoga mat) your butt and body will be grateful.
Have a great journey.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BBL and timing

+1
Every doctor's instructions are different. I do not think it is a good idea to fly right after surgery for many reasons.  As for returning to school/work, you might want to give yourself about a week to recover.  Be careful sitting too much on your buttock initialy because that may contribute to fat loss.  Use a pillow or donut if you have to sit.  Good luck.